Welcome to the Center for Implementation-Dissemination of Evidence-Based Practices among States, known as the IDEAS Center, an Advanced Center funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. We're glad you're here.
Located at the New York University (NYU) Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Child Study Center, we are dedicated to advancing implementation science in health and mental health systems serving children, adolescents, and their families.
Our mission: to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of state roll-outs of evidence-based practices (EBPs) and quality improvement initiatives (QI).
Joining us in this mission are many IDEAS Center partners – family advocates, providers, and state policymakers - who help us to sharply focus our research on taking 'what works' and making sure it works well to improve outcomes for children and families.
Click here to join our growing community of Center partners and help us in our efforts to advance implementation science.
And check back often for research updates and tips and tools that promote the more efficient and effective implementation of evidence-based practices to improve the mental health of children and their families.
Thanks for visiting our Center.
Kimberly Hoagwood, PhD
IDEAS Center Director,
Vice Chair for Research,
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry,
NYU Langone Medical Center
IDEAS News and Notes
New! IOM Report Released
IDEAS Director Kimberly Hoagwood and fellow IOM Committee authors presented findings from the newly-released IOM report “Mental Disorders and Disabilities Among Low-Income Children,” to the Senate Committee on Finance and House Ways and Means Committee on September 8, 2015. Click here to access a copy of the report.
New! Participating in the Family-to-Family (F2F) Study?
Click here for information, forms, and F2F study materials. Click here for the new article describing the intervention to improve the integration of family peer support workers into community mental health teams (Olin et al 2015).
About The IDEAS Center
Click here to read the the latest newsletter about our IDEAS research.
IDEAS Mixed Methods Research Featured in Special Issue
Click here for a special issue of APMH featuring IDEAS mixed methods research; click below for other APMH special issues featuring IDEAS research on Coaching & Consultation and Family Support Services.
- The IDEAS Mission >
- Center Director
IDEAS Faculty & Staff
- Center Meetings
- IDEAS Faculty & Staff (A-H) >
IDEAS Faculty and Staff (I-Z)
- Bonnie Kerker, PhD, MPH
- Anne Kuppinger
- Krista Kutash, PhD
- Mary McKay, PhD
- Christina Morales, BA, Program Coordinator
- Erum Nadeem, PhD
- Mark Olfson, MD
- Serene Olin, PhD
- Aida Ortiz
- Larry Palinkas, PhD
- Michele Pollock, LMSW
- James Robinson, MEd
- Priscilla Shorter
- Maria Michelle Vardanian, BA
- Nicole Shapiro Wang
- Jamie Weaver, PhD
- Dara Weiss
- Emma Whitmyre, BA
- IDEAS Advisory Boards >
Research & TA Centers
NYS OMH Technical Assistance Centers
Engaging Patients and Providers
Improving Family‑to‑Family Services in Children’s Mental Health
- Maternal Depression Studies >
- Improving Implementation of Evidence-Based Trauma Care in Schools through Community Partnership
- The Parent Partner Initiative
- Strengthening Quality in School Mental Health
- The Partnering Through Crisis Project
- EBTDC Research Studies
- Improving Family‑to‑Family Services in Children’s Mental Health >
Data / Decision Support Systems
- Implementation of Feedback System to Improve EBTs for Children in Mental Health
- Quality Improvement Implementation in Child Mental Health: A 2-state Comparison
- Development of Quality Measures for Adolescent Depression - National Collaborative for Innovation in Quality Measurement (NCINQ)
- Development of Care Pathway for Identifying and Treating Maternal Depression in Pediatric Primary Care
- Project KEEP
- Testing a Structured Learning Collaborative to Improve Implementation of Managing and Adapting Practice >
- Longitudinal Assessment of Manic Symptoms (LAMS)
- Development of Psychotropic Prescribing Quality Measures
- Featured Project
- Mixed Methods and Measures >
- IDEAS Post-Doc Training Opportunities
- NYS OMH Technical Assistance Centers >
- Faculty Publications >
- Center Presentations >
- IDEAS News & Notes >
- Center Newsletter
- IDEAS Research-Informed Policy Briefs
Special Seminars at IDEAS
- IOM-NRC Presentation April 1-2, 2014
- Dr. Hoagwood Visits Denmark: Implementing EBP's
- Hoagwood Grand Rounds Presentation 1.18.13
- McSilver Lecture: Bridging the Gap
- 5th Annual NIH Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation: Research at the Crossroads, March 19 & 20, 2012
- Mixed Methods Seminar May 2012
- NYSPI Biostatistics Seminar >
- Webinar on Economic Analysis
- IDEAS Annual Report
- Our IDEAS Community
- Contact Us