Welcome to the Center for Implementation-Dissemination of Evidence-Based Practices among States, known as the IDEAS Center, an Advanced Center funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. We're glad you're here.
Located at New York University's Langone Medical Center in the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, the IDEAS Center is dedicated to advancing implementation science in the health and mental health systems serving children, adolescents, and their families.
Our mission: to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of state roll-outs of evidence-based practices and quality improvement initiatives.
Joining us in this mission are many IDEAS Center partners – family advocates, providers, and state policymakers - who help us to sharply focus our research on taking 'what works' and making sure it works well to improve outcomes for children and families.
Click here to join our growing community of Center partners and help us in our efforts to advance implementation science.
And check back often for research updates and tips and tools that promote the more efficient and effective implementation of evidence-based practices to improve the mental health of children and their families.
Thanks for visiting our Center.
Kimberly Hoagwood, PhD
IDEAS Center Director,
Vice Chair for Research,
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry,
NYU Langone Medical Center
Interested in Upcoming MAP Trainings in New York State?
The Evidence-Based Treatment and Dissemination Center provides free training on evidence-based practices to New York State clinicians through its Managing and Adapting Practice (MAP) decision support tool. Click here to join the EBTDC mailing list to receive more information about this training.
* Please note, MAP training is a clinical framework and decision support tool it is not related to the Health Home Serving Children Medicaid Analytics Performance Portal (MAPP).
IDEAS News and Notes
Dr. Hoagwood Advocates for NIMH Research Portfolio Rebalancing
Read MDedge Psychiatry's article on Dr. Hoagwood's presentation on the current NIMH investment in child and adolescent MH services research, about 2-3% of their total research portfolio. Click here to read the article.
Kimberly Hoagwood, PhD, co-authored a new Scattergood policy paper on redesigning federal health insurance policies to promote children's mental health. Click here for the paper.
Hoagwood et al., NAM Commentary on Investing in Young Children now Available
Kimberly Hoagwood, PhD, recently co-authored a National Academy of Medicine report on how investing in young children, across all facets of their life, promotes prosperity nationwide. Click here for the commentary, and the NAM website for more information.
- The IDEAS Mission >
- Center Director
IDEAS Faculty & Staff
- IDEAS Faculty & Staff (A-H) >
IDEAS Faculty and Staff (I-Z)
- EBTDC Sample Documents
- Bonnie Kerker, PhD, MPH
- Anne Kuppinger
- Kristen Lewis, BS, Research Assistant
- Krista Kutash, PhD
- Mary McKay, PhD
- Christina Morales, BA, Program Coordinator
- Erum Nadeem, PhD
- Iriane Narcisse, BA
- Mark Olfson, MD
- Serene Olin, PhD
- Aida Ortiz
- Larry Palinkas, PhD
- Michele Pollock, LMSW
- James Robinson, MEd
- Raquel Rose, BA
- Priscilla Shorter
- Maria Michelle Vardanian, BA
- Nicole Shapiro Wang
- Jamie Weaver, PhD
- Dara Weiss
- Emma Whitmyre, BA
- IDEAS Advisory Boards >
Research & TA Centers
NYS OMH Technical Assistance Centers
Engaging Patients and Providers
Maternal Depression Studies
Improving Family‑to‑Family Services in Children’s Mental Health
- Improving Implementation of Evidence-Based Trauma Care in Schools through Community Partnership
- The Parent Partner Initiative
- Strengthening Quality in School Mental Health
- The Partnering Through Crisis Project
- EBTDC Research Studies
- Equine Therapy Study
- Maternal Depression Studies >
Data / Decision Support Systems
- Implementation of Feedback System to Improve EBTs for Children in Mental Health
- Quality Improvement Implementation in Child Mental Health: A 2-state Comparison
- Development of Quality Measures for Adolescent Depression - National Collaborative for Innovation in Quality Measurement (NCINQ)
- Development of Care Pathway for Identifying and Treating Maternal Depression in Pediatric Primary Care
- Project KEEP
- Testing a Structured Learning Collaborative to Improve Implementation of Managing and Adapting Practice >
- Longitudinal Assessment of Manic Symptoms (LAMS)
- Development of Psychotropic Prescribing Quality Measures
- Featured Project
- Mixed Methods and Measures >
- IDEAS Post-Doc Training Opportunities
- NYS OMH Technical Assistance Centers >
- Faculty Publications >
- Center Presentations >
- IDEAS News & Notes >
- Center Newsletter
- IDEAS Research-Informed Policy Briefs
Special Seminars at IDEAS
- DIS SIG ABCT Pre-Conference Meeting
- IOM-NRC Presentation April 1-2, 2014
- Hoagwood Grand Rounds Presentation 1.18.13
- McSilver Lecture: Bridging the Gap
- 5th Annual NIH Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation: Research at the Crossroads, March 19 & 20, 2012
- Mixed Methods Seminar May 2012
- NYSPI Biostatistics Seminar >
- Webinar on Economic Analysis
- IDEAS Annual Report
- Our IDEAS Community
- Contact Us