Welcome to the Center for Implementation-Dissemination of Evidence-Based Practices among States, known as the IDEAS Center, one of eight NIMH-funded ALACRITY Centers. We are the only ALACRITY Center dedicated to developing strategies to accelerate improvements in the quality of care received by children and families in state health and mental health systems.
The Center, co-directed by Dr. Kimberly Hoagwood at NYU, and Dr. Mary McKay at The Brown School of Social Work at Washington University (St. Louis), builds on over two decades of partnership with Center stakeholders-- providers, parents and youth, and policymakers in NYS-- and pools significant research, training, administrative and scientific resources.
Our transdisciplinary team includes nationally recognized expertise spanning seven academic disciplines (systems science and computational modeling, social work, child psychiatry, anthropology, health statistics, epidemiology and health policy and management) and six academic institutions, creating a truly unique laboratory.
Click here to join our growing community and help us in our efforts to accelerate the delivery of quality mental health services to children and families served in state health and mental healthcare systems.
Thanks for visiting our Center.
Kimberly Hoagwood, PhD
IDEAS Center Co-Director,
Vice Chair for Research,
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry,
NYU Langone Medical Center
Mary McKay, PhD
IDEAS Center Co-Director,
Neidorff Family and Centene Corporation Dean,
Brown School of Social Work
Child Mental Health Policy Research Fellowship for Early Career Scientists
Are you an early career researcher interested in examining how state and federal policies impact children's mental health? If so, apply for our one-year policy research fellowship, offered in collaboration with the Implementation Research Institute, and work with our transdisciplinary dynamic research team and receive one-to-one mentorship and D&I training to jumpstart your career! Apply here (www.iristl.org/apply) by January 27, 2020.
User-Centered Design in Conducting Children's Mental Health Research
Thank you to Emily Friedman, MID, CPE, who visited the IDEAS Center today (11/13/19) to provide a seminar on user-centered design. Emily is working with the University of Washington ALACRITY Center to help them adapt evidence-based therapies to better fit local needs. Thanks for sharing your expertise with IDEAS!
IDEAS News and Notes
New! Role of Outer Setting in Implementation (Bruns et al., 2019)
New out in Implementation Science. Dr. Hoagwood and colleagues describe the factors affecting the implementation of evidence-based treatments in public mental healthcare systems. Click here to read this new article out on November 13, 2019!
IDEAS Receives NIDA Supplement to Examine Substance Use Policymaking
Dr. Kimberly Hoagwood was recently awarded a supplemental grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse. With this supplement, the Center will also be able to examine youth substance use, and develop tools to integrate scientific evidence into state policymaking aimed at decreasing youth substance abuse. Click here for more.
NIMH Features ALACRITY Centers, IDEAS Focus on Child MH Policymaking
NIMH recently highlighted the work of the IDEAS Center in a summary of the July 2019 ALACRITY Director's meeting.
IDEAS Awarded $6.7M NIMH Grant to Improve Mental Health Services for Youth & Families in State Systems
Kimberly Eaton Hoagwood, Ph.D., Cathy and Stephen Graham Professor and Vice Chair for Research in NYU's Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Langone Health, and Mary McKay, Ph.D., Dean, Washington University, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, were awarded a four-year, $6.7M grant from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) to develop and test strategies to accelerate improvements in the quality of mental healthcare received by children and families in state health and mental health systems. Click here for more.
Interested in Upcoming Managing & Adapting Practice (MAP) Trainings?
The Evidence-Based Treatment and Dissemination Center provides free training on evidence-based practices to New York State clinicians (only NYS-based) through its Managing and Adapting Practice (MAP) decision support tool. Click here to join the EBTDC mailing list to receive more information about clinical trainings.
* Please note, MAP training is a clinical framework and decision support tool it is not related to the Health Home Serving Children Medicaid Analytics Performance Portal (MAPP).
Research & TA Centers
NYS OMH Technical Assistance Centers
Engaging Patients and Providers
- Reining in Anxiety >
Maternal Depression Studies
Improving Family‑to‑Family Services in Children’s Mental Health
- Improving Implementation of Evidence-Based Trauma Care in Schools through Community Partnership
- The Parent Partner Initiative
- Strengthening Quality in School Mental Health
- The Partnering Through Crisis Project
- EBTDC Research Studies
- Equine Therapy Study
Mixed Methods and Measures
The Adoption of Innovations
Data / Decision Support Systems
- Longitudinal Assessment of Manic Symptoms (LAMS) >
- Implementation of Feedback System to Improve EBTs for Children in Mental Health
- Quality Improvement Implementation in Child Mental Health: A 2-state Comparison
- Development of Quality Measures for Adolescent Depression - National Collaborative for Innovation in Quality Measurement (NCINQ)
- Development of Care Pathway for Identifying and Treating Maternal Depression in Pediatric Primary Care
- Project KEEP
- Development of Psychotropic Prescribing Quality Measures
- Featured Project
- Data / Decision Support Systems >
- Project TEACH Evaulation
- Project TEACH Evaulation >
- State Policymaking Studies
- The Adoption of Innovations >
- IDEAS Post-Doc Training Opportunities
- NYS OMH Technical Assistance Centers >
- Faculty Publications >
- Center Presentations >
IDEAS News & Notes
- NAM Webinar: Lifecourse Development
- IDEAS Center Receives NIDA Supplement
- Dr. Hoagwood Visits Uganda for ACCR Kick-Off
- Dr. Hoagwood Visits Denmark: Implementing EBP's
- Hoagwood Taube Award
- Dr. Kimberly Hoagwood Appointed to Institute of Medicine Panels
- Dr. Hoagwood Receives ABCT DIS-SIG Award
- Sally Horwitz, PhD Joins IDEAS
- Kimberly Hoagwood, PhD, IDEAS Center, Move to NYU
- Center Newsletter
- IDEAS Research-Informed Policy Briefs
Special Seminars at IDEAS
- Systems Science Summer Institute (2019)
- DIS SIG ABCT Pre-Conference Meeting
- IOM-NRC Presentation April 1-2, 2014
- Hoagwood Grand Rounds Presentation 1.18.13
- McSilver Lecture: Bridging the Gap
- 5th Annual NIH Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation: Research at the Crossroads, March 19 & 20, 2012
- Mixed Methods Seminar May 2012
- NYSPI Biostatistics Seminar >
- Webinar on Economic Analysis
- IDEAS Annual Report
- Our IDEAS Community
- Contact Us
- Contact the EBTDC